Sunday, May 30, 2010

oh elusive sleep where are you?

So I'm up. It's almost 11:30pm and I'm not tired. I should be tired. I tell my brain, "Brain you're tired go to sleep" It tells me "Screw you, I'm going stay up and worry about every stupid thing I can and there is nothing you can do about it."

And so the battle begins and I get little sleep. I'm envious of people who go to sleep right away. Snoring with drool coming out of their mouths, not a care in the world. Enjoying every last bit of their sleep, while I sit here. I just want to smack them with the pillow! If I can't sleep, why should they?

I don't have enough pillows to get everyone in the world who can sleep easily though, so that is out of the question.

I've tried exercising near bedtime, supposedly you should be exhausted, if anything I'm more away like that damn energizer bunny. Milk is out of the question, because well it's gross. It's slimy and it smells funny.

Exercise helps with everything else but sleep. They should invent some exercise that if you do it you can have a blissful uninterrupted night of sleep, that person would make a ton of money. Alas I have a date with a Rachel Caine novel, about a town full of vampires. Hopefully Mr. Sandman will pay me a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment